Sunday, October 18, 2009

Another Typhoon to Hit Cagayan-Isabela

From gmanews.tv:

Typhoon "Ramil" (international name: Lupit) maintained its strength as its moves northwest slowly toward Northern Luzon, state weather forecasters said Monday noon.

Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa) chief Prisco Nilo said the typhoon might affect the Cagayan-Isabela area starting late Wednesday even as its landfall is expected Thursday morning.



Heading towards the Eastern part of Aparri, Cagayan, there is a strong possibility that typhoon "Ramil" will be the third 'super typhoon' that will hit the Philippines in less than a month. Let us all pray that people living in the area will be safe.

Even though these people has not even recovered from the impact of typhoon "Pepeng" a week ago, people who are living in Cagayan-Isabela are encouraged to be prepared for typhoon "Ramil". Seriously, I cannot image the fear these people are feeling right now considering the possible strong pouring of rain, lack of sufficient food supply, lost of properties including houses and sources of income. On top of the emotional impact of losing a family member or friends, people in northern luzon are aware that some dam around the area has been damaged by the previous typhoon.

In the middle of typhoon Ondoy, I also got myself stranded somewhere in Manila. It was a good thing that a group of decent guys were kind enough to help me locate a safe place where I park my car and walked me to a nearby hotel where I stayed overnight. For those people who were not in the Philippines last September 26, 2009, witness what it was like during and after typhoon Ondoy hit the country.









Among these videos, the one taken at Tire Boy, Sto. Domingo St., Quezon City really caught my attention. I personally know the brother of one of the owners of the shop and I often pass by the area.



Oh well, it is funny to know how some Filipinos could still end up partying despite the tragedy. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment